Software Quality Analyst - Software Product Development
Troy, OH, US, 45373
Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. Crown brings the benefits of technology to material handling by connecting lift trucks, operators and facilities and collecting accurate, real-time information for better decision-making.
The Software Quality Analyst is a critical role within our agile based cloud product development team. The Software Quality Analyst applies the principles and practices of software quality assurance throughout the software development life cycle. This includes developing practices and procedures to identify problems or deficiencies in software products and preparing requirements, specifications, and test suites for software applications. The Software Quality Analyst works under limited supervision and works closely with the Insite application development staff, at times leading the work of others.
- Manual Software Testing - Perform requirement analysis and test estimation of software under test. Design test cases according to the quality standards and procedures. Perform test preparation activities such as test data identification, preparation and test environment preparation. Perform test execution and communication of results to project stakeholders. Perform defect reporting, management, and closure as per department standards and procedures. Conduct analysis, investigation and troubleshooting of issues. Perform functional and non-functional testing of software products and solutions developed. Perform database testing. Consult with development team to improve usability and recommend program improvements or corrections to development staff. Perform regression testing of module firmware. Provide documented test results in accordance with department standards. Complete assigned work for testing cycles and ensure smooth delivery of software testing deliverables throughout the Software Development Lifecycle. Participate proactively in QA initiatives for continuous improvements according to department objectives.
- Automated Software Testing - Build test automation to enable and support continuous integration and deployment. Develop unit, functional, and regression tests using an automation framework with Selenium and other industry leading tool sets. Provide documented test results in accordance with department standards. Install, configure, administer, and support testing tools. Contribute in designing ‘Proof of Concept’ for new tools and methodologies. Collaborate with technical teams to develop overall implementation solution plan, implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts. Perform webservices testing using POSTMAN and other API software tools and technologies.
- Documentation and Training - Write, revise, and verify quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software. Develop processes and procedures to test product requirements, use cases, and wireframes in the form of test cases and other documentation. Document new features and functionality of department products in collaboration with technical publications; this may include administrative guides, service manuals, training guides, help guides or other white papers.
- Miscellaneous - Stay informed of advances and pertinent changes in quality testing technologies and information collaboration. Assist with support personnel with troubleshooting and installation and configuration of department software. Train and educate employees, such as sales, service, and support personnel on Insite products. Interface with the business to extract functional needs and determine feasible requirements for testing. Communicate with the business and other technical teams as needed to confirm the testing needs and requirements are satisfied. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Remote Work: Crown offers mostly remote work for this position. A reasonable commute is necessary since occasional onsite work is required. No relocation assistance for this position.
Location: This position is based in Crown’s Troy, Ohio office with possible option to work from the New Bremen, Ohio global headquarters.
Visit YouTube to Learn more about Crown InfoLink® Operator and Fleet Management System
Related Terms: Software QA Tester, Software QA Engineer, Software Quality Assurance, Software Developer, Software Test Engineer, Software Verification Engineer, Software QA Specialist, Manual Tester, Test Automation
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related
- Programming and analysis experience with Java/J2EE and/or Ruby
- Good written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to occasionally travel with overnight stays
- Reliable transportation to travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
- 2 years of experience in quality assurance methodologies or software testing
- Ability to write SQL queries and debug applications
- Experience with API testing, mobile testing, performance testing, agile testing, and automated testing
- Experience with project tracking software like Jira and test management tools like TestRail, Zephyr Scale, HP ALM (Application Life Cycle Management), qTest, and Test Foundation Service (TFS)
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled