Clopay Corporation is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Buyer/Planner.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
- Plan and analyze material requirements for assigned commodities utilizing available forecast, historic information, current industry information and company inventory objectives.
- Purchase raw materials and finished goods as assigned at best possible cost and quality to meet company specifications.
- Expedite material requirements as needed to prevent interruptions in customer orders and production shortages.
- Review item or material needs with various departments and investigate new sources of supply as required to guarantee an adequate source of supply.
- Utilize acceptable techniques including ABC analysis, economic order quantities, and other principles of inventory control to determine item stock levels, assuring on-hand inventory while minimizing storage, handling, and obsolescence costs.
- Notify Manager of inventory changes relative to budgeted levels.
- Review the operational forecast on a monthly basis to uncover unexpected turning points in customer trends.
- Utilize available tools to analyze usage at the product model level for historical, current, and long range time frames.
- Validate, update and maintain Purchasing centric item, sourcing, and supplier records.
- Provide suppliers with detailed current and annual purchase expectations.
- Leverage Suppliers, Professional Organizations, Market indices and underlying commodity pricing trends to become the Clopay expert in your assigned commodities.
- Interview current and prospective suppliers; qualify new suppliers.
- Prepare, execute and evaluate RFP/RFQs.
- Lead the preparation for Supplier negotiations.
- Identify and support process improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Pair with Clopay’s Purchasing Project Analyst to identify, develop and execute strategic sourcing initiatives, cost savings strategies and product improvement initiatives.
- Work with Clopay’s Purchasing Quality Engineer to assist in the resolution of product quality issues.
- In collaboration with Purchasing Quality and Management, lead annual supplier performance reviews with key suppliers.
- Maintain records and files to assure information availability to other required personnel.
- Approach and support Clopay’s purchasing requirements as a supportive and collaborative member of the Purchasing Team, providing back-up assistance and issue support, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of purchasing/buying/sourcing and inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent negotiation, basic accounting, analytical and inventory control skills.
- NAFTA travel is sometimes required.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.